How to protect your sexual health
If you choose to be sexually active, there are ways you can help protect your sexual health.
Key ways include:
- talking to your partner about your sexual relationships;
- using condoms and dental dams;
- being aware of how alcohol and drugs can lower inhibitions and affect decision making;
- getting tested for sexually transmitted infections if you think you may have put yourself at risk;
- limiting your number of sexual partners;
- avoiding overlapping sexual relationships.